Thursday, June 19, 2014

Musings from the Midwest (Summer 2014 Update)

First let me wish everyone a Happy Summer !!

Yes, I am technically two days early, but with the way things have been here lately, I might be two weeks behind next time.

While my posts lately may not have been as consistent as I would have liked, that does not mean that I was 'slacking off'. No, far from it.

In mid May we attended the 2014 National Police Collectors Show in Cleveland, Ohio. While I was there I had an opportunity to do a signing of both Perfect Pawn and Queen's Gambit. It was nice meeting all those who stopped by our table and discussed the book.

Once we got returned home it was back to writing. I am happy to say that I am well over 50% done with the third installment of the James Maguire series.

Additionally, a new book titled: Small Town Secrets, will be debuting shortly. For my Christian County friends, sorry to disappoint, but it will not be a 'tell all' book. Although I think this will probably evoke a sense of relief to many...... To those outside the area, sorry it is an inside joke.

We are extremely excited about this book. It was originally intended to be a short story that I could use as a filler between Maguire novels. However, as the story line progressed, the characters took on a life of their own. In the end, they were too fun to write and so the the 'short story' became a full length novel. While the characters fit into the Maguire 'world', they are their own entities.

In the beginning of June, Nancy and I brainstormed on the sequel to Small Town Secrets. This collaboration led to an incredible story line and I have to tell you that I am extremely excited to begin working on this sequel. We even took the opportunity to head to the Kill Devil Hills / Nags Head, N.C. area for some hands on research. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it !!

So there you have it. Now it is time for me to get back to writing. Hope you enjoy the summer and that you will recommend Perfect Pawn and Queen's Gambit to all your friends !!

Stay tuned for news about the release of Small Town Secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment